Topic: Club contacts etc / Events

Hey Guys,

I haven't been on here in blimmin ages!  default/tongue

I've been away running the Scirocco Register (UK Wide) club... So apologies for my tardiness but things are crazy hectic!

Anyway, could someone message me with e-mail contact details for club committee? I am helping to organise a new large classic car show in East Anglia and would love to approach and invite as many people and clubs as possible.

Cheers,

Will.

RARARARARA VRRRROOOOOOMMMMM!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Club contacts etc / Events

Morning Will,

No committee, No membership fee, just a bunch of VW nuts with a passion for it.

Always good to hear of potentially new shows, especially if they are in the local(ish) area.

The club is spread far and wide and reaches well beyond the Cambridgeshire boarders so I would suggest starting a new thread in the Events tab to advertise your event.

If you have flyers etc to put out, then have a word with Techno and see if he minds you heading down to Elemental in April to promote your show either by flyering cars or even a small stand on the show field.

You may also want to see about heading to some of the monthly meets to drum up some support; we have all attended a few shows now so would be happy to share good, bad or indifferent experiences which you may find useful in organising your show. A number of those who attend the Essex meets are organisers of some of the best shows in the VW calendar and may be willing to provide advice.

Best of luck with it; I look forward to hearing more about the show and to seeing you at the Lazy Otter in the New Year.

H-G

Last edited by H-G (09-12-2016 08:47:05)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey H-G

Thanks for the reply!

i will be sure to post up in the relevant forum section once all details are confirmed and i'll also try to make it along to your next meet at the Otter.

Fingers crossed its going to be a good show, we certainly have the right backing and plenty space. It's going to be a little different to just a "local" show, it'll be all weekend, with plenty of entertainment and music too. So keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks

Will.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

email me at vwshow@elementalvw.org.uk mate    I'm sure we can do a bit of inter-show backscratching  default/smile

I am you club camping responsible adult for booking for Battlesbridge VW Show

SEND ME ALL YOUR MONIES default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...  and if you need a sound engineer and PA/lighting for the bands etc ...  I come with glowing references from bands you've probably heard of, assuming I'm not already booked whatever date you're on default/big_smile

I am you club camping responsible adult for booking for Battlesbridge VW Show

SEND ME ALL YOUR MONIES default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cheers Technohippy  default/big_smile

I'll ping over an e-mail when i can, all a bit provisional at the moment, but i do now have the pdf presentation from the event owner

I'm going to make up an e-mail template that i can tailor to clubs. Other people are organising sound, bands, food etc but i will let them know your details too default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Likewise from us at Bundle O' Dubz

Drop us some info at info@bwbod.co.uk

Good luck with it  default/smile

The future is white, the future is wedge shaped!

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10513532_1571145069843744_3334183796111956412_n.jpg?oh=91b6cbdab6e75a35fd34dcdb32fd6676&oe=579C59CB

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks for your interest and offers of help

It looks like this is going to be postponed until next year

When i was asked to help i though it was a bit of a push to get it all organised in time but now also we have been approaching various companies for backing and we may have hit the jackpot! A very large and significant investor may be in place to promote and sponsor the show (think HUGE!!)

So it is unlikely that we'd be able to get everything in place (proposed date was June/July)

I'll keep you updated if I can and really appreciate the offers so far default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down