Topic: Elemental the maiden voyage

So,

Up until last year, the van was my daily driver covering between 8-12k miles a year, after a few engine issues the van is no longer a daily this role has been taken over by a mk5 golf GTI . Some how my commute only takes half the time... No idea why?

The "issues" consisted of: A head gasket failure, followed by a Cambelt snapping incident. Two heads later.

After removing the engine from the van with the help of HG. I moved it into my conservatory for the rebuild, Robyn was thrilled...

I proceeded to:

Fit a new head gasket and a new head.
New Water pump and flanges
New Cambelt and tensioner
Variety of new gaskets
Everything cleaned and re painted including the block
And various other stuff

Although I managed to assemble the engine and fit it into the van. A big thanks needs to go out to HG who came and put in a FULL day to help me plumb it in before my partner had surgery so I could still meet the deadline of elemental.

A big thanks to a few of the Cambridge guys:
Sharkus for always offer to help
Rusty dubnuts for the oil pressure sensor which I still owe him a replacement for.
Echo beach for answering some random phone calls
HG for this help on various van related stuff

The van prepares for its maiden voyage to elemental after nearly 12 months off the road.

Will be doing the last 90 degree turns of the head bolts on Sunday's fettling days after completing 600 miles of running in. Ready for elemental the following week.

Touch wood everything is running lovely.

Now time to enjoy the van!

Rosalie - T25 Westy Multivan
Rosa - Mk5 Golf Gti
default/big_smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Elemental the maiden voyage

Don't snap the bolts ;-)

I'm sure it'll all be good this time, Elemental Hoooo :-D

Aim to please, but shoot to kill.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/franmac1/scan0025-cropsmall_zps9b343323.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

default/big_smile

Elemental VW Show #12  Hawaiian Party 7th April 2018
Tickets on sale now www.elementalvw.org.uk
Book now for early bird discount - if you're camping, remember to select Splitterz in the camping booking section default/smile
http://www.elementalvw.org.uk/og_shopimage.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The van performed great to and from elemental, where I had a great weekend!

Was a bit more of a pressure test than planned after deciding to do an autojumble stand.

Which threw a 450kg trailer into the mix.

No hill was to great.... Apart from the one into the showground which the handbrake didn't seem to like but the engine had no issue with the hill start!

Rosalie - T25 Westy Multivan
Rosa - Mk5 Golf Gti
default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

default/big_smile   default/boing   default/boing   default/boing   default/boing   default/big_smile

Elemental VW Show #12  Hawaiian Party 7th April 2018
Tickets on sale now www.elementalvw.org.uk
Book now for early bird discount - if you're camping, remember to select Splitterz in the camping booking section default/smile
http://www.elementalvw.org.uk/og_shopimage.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down