Topic: Kind of general chit chat

Hi there,
I just saw a board the side of the road near Chelmsford for this http://essexmotorshow.co.uk/german-auto-collective/
Is anyone or the club going to this event?? Or has been? And would know if it is any good..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Kind of general chit chat

Hiya

This is put on by Karl Rushen who put on the one at Barleylands I went to the other week.

That was very good,  very much a family fun day setup with an arena area with things like motorcycle stunt displays and stuff as entertainment and then the car show was in chunks in amongst the trader stalls.   So there was (in that case) an American car section with a  few related trade stalls and a couple of food stalls and then the same for modified class, japanese cars, german cars  etc etc     I thought it was very well done.

It is the same weekend as Grill n Chill and a lot will go the that instead I think, although currently our plan is to go to Grill n Chill on the saturday for a mooch around and then this on the Sunday

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Technohippy wrote:

Hiya

This is put on by Karl Rushen who put on the one at Barleylands I went to the other week.

That was very good,  very much a family fun day setup with an arena area with things like motorcycle stunt displays and stuff as entertainment and then the car show was in chunks in amongst the trader stalls.   So there was (in that case) an American car section with a  few related trade stalls and a couple of food stalls and then the same for modified class, japanese cars, german cars  etc etc     I thought it was very well done.

It is the same weekend as Grill n Chill and a lot will go the that instead I think, although currently our plan is to go to Grill n Chill on the saturday for a mooch around and then this on the Sunday

Hey thanks for the reply
What's the Grill n Chill? Sounds interesting? Am hoping to get the car finished "ish" lol for a couple of outings..

Last edited by Gaz1980 (28-08-2017 11:28:19)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Grill n Chill is a weekend long VW show held at the HopFarm in Kent and run by our friends at the Paintscrapers Club the other side of the river

http://grill-n-chill.co.uk/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really want to get back into going to meets and shows again... has anyone ever been to the "big one" Worthesee in Austria?? That looks amazing!

Thumbs up Thumbs down